From The World of Hockey: Jockeying For Corporate Excellence
(An interview with Mr. Viren Rasquinha, former Indian Hockey Captain)
The World of Hockey: Jockeying for Excellence
Duration: 4:16 min
Sports in India: Reclaiming Hockey's Pride
Duration: 3:17 min
Life at ISB and Executive Education
Duration: 3:35 min
Who is this video about?
Viren Wilfred Rasquinha (born September 13, 1980) was the former captain of India’s national field hockey team. He hails from Mumbai. His local team is the Maratha Warriors. The midfielder made his international senior debut in May 2002 at a Four Nation Tournament in Adelaide. He studied at the St. Stanislaus High School, and was a member of the Indian team that finished seventh at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. Viren announced his retirement from hockey on 15th January, 2008 to pursue management studies at Indian School of Business, (ISB), Hyderabad, specializing in Marketing. His brother Pravin Rasquinha was the former Sports Leader for the year 1993-1994 in St. Stanislaus.
A first class student throughout his college, was also 13th rank holder in the SSC Board, Mumbai. This Bandra boy can be classified as the new age Indian sportsman - talented, and with a killer instinct that calls for the head of the opponent. Viren was the youngest ever player to join India’s international league He was a thinking player and was really good for the team. He player for India, Maratha Warriors (Maharashtra), Air India, Indian Oil Corporation and Stuttgart Kickers (Germany). He liked to be in action even when he is injured. He was part of the team that won the Junior World Cup at Horbart, Australia. He won Silver Medal in Busan Asian Games 2002, Gold Medal Asia Cup 2003 at Kuala Lumpur, Gold Medal 1st Afro Asian Games 2003. Maharashtra Government honored him with Shiv Chatrapati Award (2004) for his meritorious services to Hockey game. He was conferred with Arjuna Award for 2005 for being the Best Sportsman of the Year in Hockey. Viren Rasquinha even went on to lead India in some matches in the bilateral series against Pakistan in the absence of an injured Dilip Tirkey. He was also captain of Premier Hockey League team Maratha Warriors, Maharashtra.
This video can be used for:
- Organizational Behavior Course – in explaining the motivational theories and motivational factors
- Career Development – for understanding the importance of Executive MBA program
- General Management Courses – in understanding and explaining the sports management as a viable business proposition and the critical success factors in making any sport a viable business model
Title : An Interview with Mr. Viren Rasquinha, former Indian Hockey Captain.
Released Date: 26th March,2009.
Interviewed by : Mr. Anup Kumar Srivastava, Mr. Kumar Shah
Price : $ (1000 INR)
Duration : 38 min
Keywords : Executive Education, Executive Development, Career Development, Executive MBA, Management Education in India, Motivation, Case Studies in MBA, ISB, Indian School of Business, Peer Learning, Leaders Vs Managers
Other Video Interviews
- Narendra Modi - Speaks on Gujarat's Growth model
- Arun Shourie - Speaks on Disinvestment, Organizational Structure, Decision Making
- B.V. R. Mohan Reddy - Speaks on IT Entrepreneurship, Organisation, Decision-Making
- Tapas Icot - Speaks on Strategic Planning and Co-ordination, GE Shipping Interview, Strategic Sailing
- Maya Aoki - Speaks on Health & Wealth International
- Shalini Kadaveru - Speaks on WHARTON MBA’s ENTREPRENEURIAL SOJOURN IN INDIA
- more Video Interviews »