Crusader in Every Orb
(An Interview with Arun Shourie, Former Union Cabinet Minister, Govt. of India)
"Real power translates directly into the ability to bring others around to subserve a country's interests."
Excerpts from Interview with Mr.Arun Shourie, Former Union Cabinet Minister Govt. of India.
Duration: 3:35 min
Recommended to use this video for:
A thorough study of this video would help the learner in understanding the following aspects:
- The necessity of a sound organizational structure for achieving success
- Significance of apt decision making and implementing the same at the right time
- Each situation adverse or favourable should be handled as a fresh one
- What is disinvestment and why do we need strategic sales?
- How transparency in management boosts the morale of the employees
- India and China/India vs China ,the present scenario
- Indian education system and need for change
- The requisiteness of student centric learning in the present Indian education system
- What kind of leadership should be demanded in the present Indian scenario?
- What would a CEO or head of a company look for? Organizational leadership or a vision for the organisation?
Who is this video about?
Admirers speak of his dogged consistency, his courage, gift of grace, intellectual dynamism, versatility and almost photographic memory. His publisher called ARUN SHOURIE a race horse. Others have described him as a missionary, a crusader bloodhound and a preacher. These diverse analogues illuminate facets of the writer who, perhaps as much as anyone since independence, has stirred examination by Indians of their polity and their conduct as individuals within it.
Arun Shourie, known for his insightful writings on a range of subjects and thoughts and razor sharp logic was born on November 2nd1941. Shourie wrote for various newspapers and magazines, was appointed executive editor of The Times of India in 1986 but was back to The Indian Express led by Ramnath Goenka in 1987.
Shourie is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He has been a member of the Rajya Sabha and also held the office of the Minister of Disinvestment, Communication and Information Technology in the Government of India under Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Prime Ministership. In a poll of India's top 100 CEOs in February 2004 he was ranked the most outstanding minister of Mr.Atal Bihari Vajpayee's government.
Several national and international awards have been felicitated on him including Padma Bhushan, Magsaysay Award, Dadabhai Naoroji Award, Astor Award, International Editor of the Year Award, etc.; acclaimed as one of "World Press Freedom Heroes" by the International Press Institute, a "Star of Asia" by Business Week and "Business Leader of the Year" by The Economic Times jury.
His writings - Worshipping False Gods, A Secular Agenda, Eminent Historians: Their Technology, Their Line, Their Fraud, The Parliamentary System: What we have made of it, what we can make of it, have gained him a considerable following around the country, as well as several national and international honours.
What is this video about?
In this candid conversation Arun Shourie shares his views and opinion, from his 'journalistic' days to getting into politics. Politics for many might be a dirty game, but not for Arun Shourie. Politics for him is a platform for doing 'greater good'. For a definitive word on India's disinvestment listen to the man who did it all.
Title : Interview with Mr.Arun Shourie, Former Union Cabinet Minister Govt. of India.
Interviewed by: Dr. Nagendra V. Chowdary, Mr. Siddharth Shanker
Released Date: 9th October 2008.
Price : $ (1000 INR)
Duration : 24 min
Keywords : Disinvestment, Economic Reforms in India, Education, Leadership, Education Reforms, Higher Education in India, Government and Business
Other Video Interviews
- Narendra Modi - Speaks on Gujarat's Growth model
- B.V. R. Mohan Reddy - Speaks on IT Entrepreneurship, Organisation, Decision-Making
- Tapas Icot - Speaks on Strategic Planning and Co-ordination, GE Shipping Interview, Strategic Sailing
- Maya Aoki - Speaks on Health & Wealth International
- Gurcharan Das - India @ 75 Business Education in India, Corporate Governance & CSR
- Shalini Kadaveru - Speaks on WHARTON MBA's ENTREPRENEURIAL SOJOURN IN INDIA
- Mr.Kalyan Manyam - Speaks on Unique Business Model
- more Video Interviews »