MyHerbalife.Com's Beauty Care Franchisee Model
(An interview with Maya Aoki, CEO, Health & Wealth International)
"...habit of persistence is the habit of victory."
Excerpts from Interview with Maya Aoki
Duration: 2:57 min
Recommended to use this video for:
- Entrepreneurship Courses - especially making of a successful woman entrepreneur in an emerging market like India
- Retailing Courses - for understanding the dynamics of a franchisee model
- Women Empowerment - for understanding how women can become self-employers by participating in ‘networking’ marketing.
Who is this video about?
Maya Aoki talks about her entrepreneurial journey and managing a franchisee business. Maya Aoki, CEO, Health & Wealth International, as she introduces herself as a half-Indian half-Japanese, started her career in Japan as an Assistant Manager in Shipping Company. However, an introspection of her life made her realise that she should take the risk of changing her field of work to pursue her interest and become an entrepreneur with Herbalife a premier nutrition and weight-management company, offering life-changing products and an unparalleled business opportunity.
What started with a son's dream who had lost his mother due to a drug overdose taken to reduce weight, over 28 years ago , Herbalife has today become a world-class company with over 1.9 million distributors. Herbalife uses an innovative, time-tested, and proven compensation and distribution method called "network marketing". It's more than a 50 years old system, yet being hailed as the way of the future. This unique way of network marketing combines the advances of technology, the power of free enterprise and the dynamics of people working together to help one another succeed. With the more people one shares, Herbalife products and opportunity, the more successful one is likely to become.
What is this video about?
In this candid conversation, Maya Aoki shares her experiences and her entrepreneurial journey, from her initial days of starting Health & Wealth International to being in the President's Team of Herbalife.com. This video interview gives an insight to the entrepreneurial journey of an indomitable woman who weathered all the storms in her life with her determination and turning it into a success in a male chauvinist world, achieving her own dreams and in turn helping many other women to realize their dreams under her proficient guidance.
Title : Interview with Maya Aoki, CEO, Health & Wealth International
Interviewed by : Ms. Anupama M, Ms. Soumya M
Released Date: 25th February 2009.
Price : $ (1000 INR)
Duration : 47 min
Keywords: Entrepreneurship, Women Entrepreneurs, Women Leaders / CEOs, Women Entrepreneurs in India, Sales and Distribution, Franchisee Model, Franchisee Business, Franchisee's Business Model, Franchisee's Revenue Model
Other Video Interviews
- Narendra Modi - Speaks on Gujarat's Growth model
- Arun Shourie - Speaks on Disinvestment, Organizational Structure, Decision Making
- B.V. R. Mohan Reddy - Speaks on IT Entrepreneurship, Organisation, Decision-Making
- Tapas Icot - Speaks on Strategic Planning and Co-ordination, GE Shipping Interview, Strategic Sailing
- Gurcharan Das - India @ 75 Business Education in India, Corporate Governance & CSR
- Shalini Kadaveru - Speaks on WHARTON MBA's ENTREPRENEURIAL SOJOURN IN INDIA
- Mr.Kalyan Manyam - Speaks on Unique Business Model
- more Video Interviews »