Training and Development
(Executive Brief with Anjali Mukherjee, Training Leader, Transcend Communications Ltd)
This video case study triggers an interesting discussion regarding the training function, which has emerged as an integral part of every organisation. This case study is meant for discussing the concepts of training and development in the Human Resource Management course. With regard to the same, real-time training problems faced by an experienced executive are showcased through this video.
As a training manager with a reputed BPO firm, Anjali Mukherjee (Anjali) and her team were faced with the challenge of designing and imparting training in the voice-based business arena. Being a new business vertical both, for the company and for the Indian BPO industry, Anjali was apprehensive and uncertain about treading this path. Over the years, the intensifying competition, attitudinal clash with the business heads and the shrinking talent pool added to the woes of Anjali and her training team. With the company expecting her team to impart effective training in minimal time what measures should Anjali and her team take?
- To analyse the role and need of the training function in an organisation
- To debate whether training is a strategically important function and its role in the success of an organisation
- To analyse the implications of cost-cutting on the training department of the organisation
- To discuss the challenges faced by the training department in an organisation.
This Executive Brief is best suited for:
- (a) Human Resource Management / Training and Development Course:
- for understanding the trainind and development requirements, designing a customized training and development module, executing and testing the effectiveness of the designed training and development module, problems in execution, people-related issues in ensuring effectiveness of the training and development module,
- (b) BPO Organizations :
- especially voice-based BPO organizations
Part I: Executive Brief on Training and Development
Duration: 7:06 min
Part II: Executive Response on Training and Development
Duration: 8:24 min
Executive Brief Details
Title : Training and Development
(Executive Brief with Anjali Mukherjee, Training Leader, Transcend Communications Ltd.)
Prepared By: Deepti Srikanth. Under the Guidance of Dr.Nagendra V. Chowdary Dean, IBSCDC
Released Date: 26th Nov, 2009.
Price : $ (2000 INR) c
**This pack consists of Executive Brief, Executive Response and a Teaching Note.
Other Executive Briefs